North Coast Health Improvement and Information Network (NCHIIN), is a California non-profit providing health information exchange and community health improvement initiatives in Humboldt County.
Our mission is to improve the health of the people of Humboldt County with health information exchange and support for community health improvement.
- We define health as complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
- We adhere to law, regulation and industry practice for data exchange
- We will continuously improve our services and support.
- We want to improve the experience of care, improve the health of populations, and reduce the per capita cost of care and support.
- We want to increase the capacity of care providers to be successful In supporting and improving the health of clients and patients.
- We commit to the attainment of the highest level of health for all people. Equity is a key goal in the design, implementation, selection, and monitoring of our services and projects.
Strategies and Priorities
- Engage and empower people and families to improve health outcomes in their own terms and context and reduce the individual economic burden.
- Work to build the community’s ability to provide the social, economic, medical, and environmental conditions that enable health without disparity.
- Connect and provide interoperability between social, medical, behavioral, educational and justice data. and information systems to support care and improve health.